Saturday 13 July 2019

Showcase for 2019 part 2

Next up was lot of old metal Bane mercenaries and thugs but I forgot to take some pics so I'll update very soon

King Shark struck me as a surfer so I decided to do something a bit different and made a custom base.
The surf board was made from a pice of foam core and then filled with plaster around the sides and smoothed off. The wave is a piece of acetate heated with a hairdryer into a curve and then I started applying water effects  tinted with thin paint in sections towards the top of the wave.





And on his normal base...





Ravager came with 2 seperate heads. About 90% of this was done with an airbrush.



I seem to be using an airbrush quite a lot lately. All airbrush apart from the facial details and legs. There is a step-by-step available for this under June 2019.






DCU's Martian Manhunter






Another character from the Dark Knight Rises box set, really enjoyed this one.





Next up is an old version of Poison Ivy. I used a green base for the skin and worked up to a flesh tone.







Jared Leto Joker Crew from the Suicide Squad box set.



The updated Heath Ledger Joker from the Dark Knight Rises box set



It's a far superior sculpt from the first version.




I also did a 2 part painting tutorial for him.


Part 1


Part 2


No comments:

Post a Comment