Saturday 16 February 2019

A step-by-step guide to graffiti




1. Design a tag



2. Cut out the shapes to make a stencil.



3. Check it fits into the space



4. Tape it down so it doesn’t move during the spraying



5. Start the transition of colour from light to dark. I’m using Spring Green by scale 75



6. Next add some darker green, about a 50:50 mix with the first colour. I added Irati Green by Scale 75.



7. Darker again. I used pure Irati Green



8. Darker again. I added in some Boreal Tree Green by Scale 75. Then remove the stencil when the paint is dry.



9. Outline the lettering with black



10. Add a contrasting shadow colour to give the letters a shadow. I used Citadel’s Xereus Purple.



11. Add another lighter colour for a background shade. I used Genestealer Purple with a little bit of white added.


No comments:

Post a Comment