Friday 22 February 2019

Step-by-step rope entrance

I wanted to add a little detail to the entrance of the Iceberg Lounge and came up with the idea of using a thick thread that looked like rope and paper clips for the stantions. I just had a play from there on and finally came up with a solution.

The materials used...  Thick thread, large paper clips, soft fuse wire and green stuff.




First of all I cut equal lengths of thread and covered the ends with green stuff then left to cure over night. At the same time I looped the fuse wire around a thin piece of brass rod and cut off each loop.





For the stantions I cut equal lengths from some large paper clips. I then glued the loops to the top of the paper clips cutting away the excess wire. I found using super glue and an accelerator made things a lot easier.





Use the same fuse wire to make hooks for the rope. Cut off the ends of the green stuff and make a hole in the end for the hooks and  glue in place. The stands were made from small flat circles of green stuff with the stantions pushed in to make a hole. Pull out the stantion and leave the stand to cure before gluing the stantion in position. Otherwise the stantions will fall to the side and ruin the stand.





Repeat the process until you have enough. I would recommend you make more than you need just in case. Some will turn out better than others.





They look much better painted lol





No comments:

Post a Comment