Sunday 10 February 2019

Board Sections part 1 - Welcome to my Gotham

This blog is all about my adventures in making a gaming board for the Batman Miniatures Game. It will include step-by-step guides for most stages of the construction of the board, making terrain and lots of grafitti. I'll be posting painted miniatures from my collection so far and links to painting tutorials on my YouTube channel.

The board will comprise of four sections of 2' x 2' to make a whole surface area of 4' x 4'.


Through trial and error I had to bin the first attempt at a board because the edges started to crumble and the MDF I used was too thin and began to warp

So it begins :-)

The board sections are made from 12mm MDF, The road area was marked out first of all which is 6" wide, this will be standard for the whole area.


Mask off everything apart from the road area using paper and tape.



This stage isn't really necessary for hard core gamers because sewers are part of the game mecanics but the ones I have here will not be active during the game and are purely for display. The holes were drilled out with a 30mm bit.


Using a stone fleckd textured paint spray the road area with a nice even covering, this make take about three passes.


I got this paint from a local DIY store



Leave to dry for at least 24 hours and then prime.



Remove all the paper and tape.


No comments:

Post a Comment