Friday 22 February 2019

Showcase from 2017 part 1

2016 was a pretty meager year and I told myself to do better in 2017. I think I did a lot better because at the end of December the total for the year was 95!

First up was Lobo. I had recently bought the undead paint set by Scale 75 and wanted to try something a bit different for his skin tone.


Hawkman, lovely detailed feathers on this one. I went for black and white purely because I though the box art brown wings were a bit dull.



I had a bit of a spurt on with some bad guys next. Black Mask Thug and Black Gate Prisoners.



Knight Models always mess up my painting queue by releasing new sculpts. Ijust had to push these two to the front.

Trinity Woder Woman..


And the Batman.


Harvey Bullock


Heatwave


Shazam. This was my first proper go at using red over a zenithal prime. I enetered this one into a Knight Models painting competiton and won :-)




More zenithal priming with these guys. Falcone family


I go to Salute most years and part of my shopping spree included a couple of the resin Batmobile kits by KM.
I wanted to copy some of the colour schemes or skins from the Arkham Knight Campaign Book. First up was the 70's Batmobile skin.



This was primed and then sprayed gun metal from below, steel from side on and then chrome from above. After that I used a couple of very thin coats of Tamiya Clear Blue over that before adding chips and scratches.



I had a spare Heath Ledger Joker from a trade and when the Dollotrons were released I couldn't help myself. 


Another Batmobile but this time it's the Robin skin. Same technique with the zenithal metal s and then a couple of thin coats of Tamiya Clear Red.







No comments:

Post a Comment